Labyrinth Trivia! Facts! Frivia!
- Terry Jones, of Monty Python fame, penned the majority of the script
- In the original script, the baby had a different name. This was changed because Toby Froud (the baby actor) would only respond to his own name. So, Toby was played by Toby
- When recording the Magic Dance song for the Labyrinth Soundtrack, the baby wouldn’t provide the necessary coos and giggles. David Bowie ended up making the baby sounds himself!
- Ambrosius, Sir Didymus’s dog (horse?) is the same dog as Sarah’s, Merlin. In Lady Mary Stewart’s tales of King Arthur, Merlin is called Merlin Ambrosius.
- Danny John-Jules was the voice for two of the Fire Gang, the dancing red creatures with removable limbs. He is best known as Cat from Red Dwarf.
- When the gang enters the goblin city, there’s a fountain with several dwarfs peeing into a trough. They look pretty similar to Hoggle’s first appearance on screen:
- There was a Labyrinth game for the Famicom (Japanese NES) and other platforms:
There are toy versions of many parts of the Labyrinth in Sarah’s room:
There are hidden Jareth faces in a number of scenes. Most folks know about the rock face, seen when Jareth gives a peach to Hoggle, but there are several more: